The Director of Recreation and Community Services
The Town of Holyrood is currently looking for a qualified individual to join our professional team to expand and develop our recreation and community engagement services.
This is a six-month replacement position with the possibility of extending to a full-time permanent, non-bargaining unit position which reports to the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town of Holyrood.
The primary functions of the Director of Recreation and Community Services include:
- Recreation, leisure and event programming
- Communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Culture and heritage
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities
The scope of duties and responsibilities of the Director of Recreation and Community Services include:
- Develop a Departmental Business Plan including Departmental budget
- Oversite of Human Resources
- Development & execution/ implementation of Recreation and Leisure Activity Programs
- Manage Recreation, Heritage, and Cultural Facilities
- Planning and implementing a full calendar schedule of Community Events (Squidfest/Crystal Carnival/ Fall Festival)
- Manage and enhance Town Communications (Town’s website and social media.)
- Candidates should have post-secondary education in recreation or equivalent.
- Knowledge & experience in community development coordination of community events, programs for youth& seniors
- Experience/familiarity with social media management
- Familiarity with facility management
How to Apply- Please send resume and cover letter using the following:
34 Salmonier Line
34 Salmonier Line, Holyrood
Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 1