The Town of Holyrood is seeking the services of an Aquatics and Park Supervisor for Holy Cross Park.
This is a 20-week Semi-skilled temporary unionized position that reports to the Director of Recreation. The main priority is to supervise the seasonal Aquatics and Park operations.
This role is responsible for:
- Administrative and operational support and supervision;
- Accurately handling cash and manage financial transactions;
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills;
- Effectively working with people of all ages, with varying needs and abilities;
- Managing a team of seasonal student staff through positive and team focused approaches.
The Aquatics Park Supervisor must have the following:
- Be a minimum 19 years of age
- 2022 Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) Certificate of Conduct & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Attending or completion of a post-secondary education program
- Current Red Cross or Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certification
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
- A working knowledge of the MS Office suite of programs
- Strong oral and written communications and organizational skills
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and leader
- Minimum two (2) year experience as a Lifeguard
- Experience as a Head Lifeguard, Crew Leader, or Deck supervisor in an aquatic setting is an asset
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the planning, supervision, and evaluation of recreation programs and staff (experience in aquatics is an asset)
The rate of pay for this position in 2022 is $22.65/hour (based on a 40-hour work week).
Only Electronic Applications are acceptable and notification of receipt of your application will be provided.
Anyone interested should apply to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Thursday, April 28, 2022.
Aquatics and Park Supervisor should be in the subject line. Please include a cover letter, current resume and two (2) professional references.