Holy Cross Park
Park Programming and Operations Coordinator
Contract Position: May 8 – September 22
The Town of Holyrood is seeking a Park Programming and Operations Coordinator to manage the day-to-day operations of Holy Cross Park, implement the Holy Cross Park Safety Plan, and work with the Director of Recreation on an operations plan to ensure the park is sustainable while taking advantage of new opportunities and trends.
This position will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work with the Director of Recreation &
Community Events in managing day to day operations of Holy Cross Park, while developing a strategic operations plan to maximize programs and events year-round.
The incumbent will develop a plan consisting of healthy active living programming, nutrition, eliminating social and physical barriers for all demographics, and determine how the park can contribute to one’s mental and physical health.
The candidate will research best practises, trends and new opportunities within the industry and assist the director in implementing these findings into the Holy Cross Park setting and culture. There will be an opportunity for the candidate to implement new programing on a trial bases with select groups. The candidate will meet with various groups and organizations, gather information and record it in a data base to be used to develop the infrastructure as well as the programing. These meeting can be through virtual means as well as in person.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Requires knowledge of recreation programs and event development for all age groups.
- General knowledge of national lifeguard standards and best practices would be an asset.
- Attending or completion of a secondary education program.
- Minimum 2 years working in an aquatic’s environment.
- Red Cross or Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certifications would be an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and use of own vehicle required.
- Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED certification
- Experience in a leadership role
- A working knowledge of the MS Office suite of programs
- Strong oral and written communications and organizational skills
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Experience in the recreation industry or municipality would be an asset
How to Apply
Deadline: Monday, May 1