Route: Marina Shores to Star of the Sea
If you are a business, community group or family interested in participating in the parade, please fill the form below, read the “Parade Entry Informaiton” or contact the Town Office at 229-7252 ext. 204.
Holyrood Santa Claus Parade Registration Form
Parade Entry Information
DATE: Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 2:00pm. Line-up will take place between 12:30pm-1:45pm on Seabreeze Drive in Marina Shores off Conception Bay Highway. Turn around will be Highland Park/Star of the Sea or Salmonier Line pending float size.
Please see below for important instructions.
The Parade Entry
- All entries must display a Christmas theme.
- No entry may include a Santa as he will be at the end of the Parade Line.
- All floats must be decorated in good taste. Many children will be in the crowd so please no signs of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or profanity.
- No sale advertising is permitted. You may promote your company.
- Floats may not exceed 10 feet in width and 12 feet in height. All flatbed trailers must not exceed 40 feet in length.
- The parade will occur if the weather cooperates. A decision will be made no later than 9:00am on parade day. This decision will be posted at www.holyrood.ca, VOCM and through Holyrood’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. A Plan B date will be set upon cancellation.
Parade Line-up & Finish
- Parade line-up begins at 12:30pm.
- Line-up will start on Seabreeze Drive-Harbour Drive (Next to Wonder Years Daycare).
- Please note the RCMP and Holyrood Fire Department will lead the parade.
- FLOATS/VEHICLES: Vehicles/Floats lining-up must enter Marina Shores through McGrath’s Road and proceed to loop around through Harbour View Dr. to Seabreeze Dr. where a staff member will place your float in line. Signage will be in place to guide you the right way. Please see map at the end of the information sheet.
- WALKERS: If you are a walking group, vehicles dropping off participants must proceed down Seabreeze drive, drop off at the Wonder Year’s Daycare Parking Lot, then proceed through Harbour View Dr. and exit through McGrath’s Road. Signage will be in place to guide you the right way. Please see map at the end of the information sheet. Please ensure there is an adult on site before your participants are dropped off.
- PARKING: Limited parking will be available at Wonder Year’s Daycare.
- No entries will be taken after 1:45pm on the day of the parade. The final role call will happen at 1:50pm.
- The Parade will end by 3:15pm at the Star of the Sea. Those with small-mid size floats can turn around at the top of Highland Park. Those with bigger floats or trailers will be required to continue west and use Salmonier Line to turn around if needed.
- There will be 3 categories: Best in Business, Best Community Group, Best Family Entry.
- Judging will take place at the Furey’s Parking Lot.
- Floats will be judged on the following:
- Visual look of entry/Creativeness: 50%
- Overall Theme of float: 30%
- Participant Involvement: 20%
- Awards will be announced immediately after the parade at the Star of the Sea.
- No materials may be thrown into the audience from the parade route. Walkers may pass out items as they walk the route.
- Parade speed is a maximum 8km/h. Those who cannot keep up will be asked to step to the side while others pass.
- All participants on a bike (bicycle or motorcycle), scooter, or any other recreational equipment must wear helmets and proper safety equipment.
- Animal Entries- Please be prepared to clean up after your animals.
- Participants cannot drive back to the start or to their home with people in the back of their vehicles. All participants can be picked up at the Star of the Sea parking lot.
- Please note the Parade length is exactly 3km.
To ensure an accessible environment for all parade onlookers, the Town had dedicated the area between Comerford’s Crescent and Wong’s House to be a quiet zone. At this time, all floats, vehicles, bands, and walkers should remain quiet and wave to all onlookers, instead of producing any type of music, horns, etc.. Once you pass Wong’s House, participation can begin to make noise.
Due Date: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 29.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Steve in the information below
Director of Recreation and Community Events
Town of Holyrood
P: 229-7252 ext. 204