JOB POSTING- Temporary General Maintenance (Semi-skilled Occupations) Position
May 6, 2022
Temporary General Maintenance (Semi-skilled Occupations) Position
The Town of Holyrood is seeking the services of a general maintenance individual. This is a temporary Semi-skilled unionized position that reports to the Director of Infrastructure and Public Works or designate.
Duration: 8 weeks with the possibility of an extension.
This role is responsible for:
- Drywall, Plaster and Paint requirements
- Trim and baseboard work
- Hanging of doors
- Installation of laminate flooring
- Installation of windows and siding
- Exterior and interior stair refurbishment
- It is not meant to be limiting or all inclusive.
The applicant must have the following:
- Be a minimum 19 years of age
- 2022 Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) Certificate of Conduct & Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED would be an asset
- A working knowledge carpentry, electrical and plumbing
- Personal tools would be an asset.
- Strong oral and written communications and organizational skills
The rate of pay for this position in 2022 is $22.65/hour (based on a 40-hour work week).
Anyone interested can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be accepted during normal business hours, 8:00am -12:00pm – 1:00pm-4:00pm, from Monday to Friday or by placing their resume in the drop box at the Municipal Building 34 Salmonier Line after normal business hours by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 13,2022.
Temporary General Maintenance should be in the subject line. Please include a cover letter, current resume and two (2) professional references.