Water Ban- in effect August 12, 2019
August 12, 2019
Please be advised that over the past week we have been experiencing an excessive demand of extra water usage far exceeding normal domestic usage creating a situation where our domestic water level has dropped 20%.
In an attempt to identify this problem, staff have been monitoring the outside use of water and have determined there is significant noncompliance of the Town’s Conservation Water Plan.
In order for the Town to maintain adequate domestic water for residents and business, Council is raising the level of concern and implementing a full water ban.
As of 2:30 pm today- Monday, August 12 – There is a full water ban on the following:
• No filling up of swimming pools no matter what size
• No watering of existing lawns
• No watering of trees, shrubs, flowers and gardens
• No washing of vehicles
• No use of water toys, waterslides and water sprinklers
• No washing of paved driveways
• No washing of siding and windows
• No watering of new lawns and plantation
Staff will continue to monitor water levels and decisions will be made accordingly, however a water ban is now in place until further notice.
Please conserve water and keep water usage to domestic needs.
The town thanks all residents and businesses who are in compliance and encourages all residents to consider the seriousness of water conservation. We apologize for any inconvenience this disruption may cause.