Update on Water Ban- Wednesday, July 27
July 27, 2016
To all Residents & Businesses of Holyrood
Thank you for your cooperation in complying with the total water ban implemented (Friday, July 22) and for keeping water usage to domestic use only.
Over the past 6 days the Towns water levels have significantly improved and at 12 noon today (Wednesday, July 27) we will lift 2 components of the ban.
New lawns and landscaping are exempt from the lawn watering restrictions for a period of 60 days following installation and plantation; however, watering is designated to specific times of 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
(If not previously completed, please call Town Office to register your new lawn)
Hand watering of trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetable gardens with a water can or hose with an automatic shutoff nozzle is permitted at any time.
Until further notice the Water Ban will continue for the below categories:
- Swimming Pools: No filling up of swimming pools no matter what size
- Existing Lawns: No watering of existing lawns
- Vehicles: No washing of vehicles
- Driveways: No washing of paved driveways
- Siding & Windows: No washing of siding and windows
- Recreational: No use of water toys, waterslides and water sprinklers
Town Staff will continue to monitor water levels and further decisions will be made accordingly.
Please conserve water and keep water usage to domestic needs.
The Town apologises for any inconvenience this disruption may cause.