Fire Prevention Week Oct 4th to 10th
September 29, 2015
2015 Fire Prevention Week is October 4th to the 10th
This years events include:
- Fire Department Open House on October 8th from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
When thinking of Fire Safety, always make sure you do the following:
- Do you have working smoke alarm on every level of your home?
- Do you have working smoke alarms inside every bedroom?
- Does a grown-up test your smoke alarms at least once a month?
- Do you know the sound of your smoke alarms?
- Are your smoke alarms less than 10 years old? (Look on the back of smoke alarms for the date. If they are more than 10 years old, you need new ones.)
- Does your family have a home fire escape plan?
- Do you know two ways out of every room?
- Does your plan have an outside meeting place?
- Does your family have a fire drill at least twice a year?
- Does everyone at home know how to call the fire department once they are outside?
- Do you get outside and stay outside if the smoke alarm sounds?