Holyrood Community Garden
The Town of Holyrood is excited for another growing season at the Holyrood Community Garden. The Community Garden will consist of 25 raised beds, 20 for rental use and 5 for Community use. All raised boxes are 4ft by 8ft and fertilized soil will be provided by the Garden Committee with the help from Legge’s Poultry.
Gardening in COVID-19
As we work to reduce the COVID-19 curve in our province, the Town of Holyrood will be introducing new guidelines to ensure our gardeners are safe while they visit our Community Garden.
- All gardeners must read the Government’s Community Gardens Frequently Asked Questions document prior to visiting your rental plot.
- Maximum of 10 people in the garden at one time. Please count the number of Gardeners in the garden prior to entering.
- All Gardeners must ensure they are 2m away from the nearest Gardener. If this cannot be met, those arriving must wait until the gardener onsite has completed their work.
- All Gardeners must use their own tools and gardening gloves only.
- If you are sick you cannot visit the Holyrood Community Garden.
- Only those in your “tight 20” can attend to your rental plot at a time.
- Gardeners are permitted to use the water access stations in the garden. Please use gloves when handling the hose and use the provided disinfectant to clean the hose after handling.
- Community Groups using the Holyrood Community Garden must only allow 1 “tight 20 bubble” to tend to their rental plot at a time.
Gardener Information Kits
All the Holyrood Community Garden information you’ll require before you start working on your rental plot can be found in the document below. As our Community Garden Committee enforce a number of rules to ensure a quality growing season, we ask everyone to read this document:
Thank you for your interest in the Holyrood Community Garden. All garden plots are now full for the 2021 Summer Season. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com or call 229-7252 ext .204.